Wednesday 29 September 2010

Finished!

Carol has finished her latest quilt.


and I have finished Harvey's toy. It was made more complicated by the fact that the diagram from the Dutch instructions wasn't correct!






Unfortunately my beads STILL haven't arrived, so I can't finish the stumpwork brooch. Bill was supposed to have ordered them for me via Paypal, but forgot to hit confirm! This was last Wednesday. It was Monday before I realised, so sent a cheque (for some reason it wouldn't let me use my debit card). They are supposed to be next day delivery...

Oh well, I will have a go at the landscape later, see if I can get the gold thread to work.

Also started another new project on Monday afternoon, at 4S. This was less than successful on the day, but have 'modified' it now. We were supposed to be using transfer paints onto sheer/polyester fabric, but for some reason (possibly my old iron not being hot enough) the colour wouldn't transfer. This was then being bonded onto felt, and machine and hand stitched for a book cover. When I got home I painted the felt with silk paints and sprayed with water, then patted the poly fabric on top, so now have two pieces of 'coloured', may make two book covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment