Saturday 2 October 2010

Maldon and Braintree Exhibitions

Bill and I have had a lovely day out, we first of all went to Maldon, what a lovely little town. The weather was good this morning so we went for a stroll in a park, had an ice cream and wandered down to the river to see the old Thames sailing barges, by 'eck the mud is deep there!! I wouldn't fancy falling into that...
We then went to a lovely textile art exhibition staged by Fen Edge Textile group - here are photos of some of the best:












After lunch we went on to Braintree Museum where there was another textile exhibition, this one was by EAST. Here are some of my favourites:














The last two in particular were very interesting, I had seen them before they were finished, the lady who had made them, Margaret Talbot, had given us a wonderful talk at Material Girls last year, I think, and she had brought lots of her work with her, and these two were WIP's.

No comments:

Post a Comment